Sweet Potato Pudding (vegan, no-processed sugar)
Made with a superfood-sweet potatoes, this tasty, vegan, no-processed sugar added pudding helps satisfy sugar cravings and makes a great snack or dessert.
- 2 medium-size sweet potatoes (~10oz, any color; I have used orange)
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup No-waste almond milk (or sub with store-bought)
- 1 medjool date (or sub with 2 of any other variety)
- 1 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tbsp dried shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 pinches ground cardamom (or sub with 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon)
- 1/2 tbsp slivered almonds (raw or lightly toasted, can sub with equal amount toasted pistachio or walnuts)
To roast the sweet potatoes
Preheat oven to 375°F (~190°C). Clean the sweet potatoes scrubbing well and rinsing under running water to remove any dirt. Prick with a fork or a sharp knife to make 3-4 small cuts/holes in the sweet potatoes.
Add to an oven-proof, shallow dish with 1/4 cup water.
Cover loosely with an oven-proof lid of aluminum foil making sure that the foil doesn't touch the sweet potatoes. Roast for about 60 minutes.
To make the sweet potato pudding
Make it heart healthy
Use the regular almond Quick Homemade Almond milk and omit the dried coconut shreds.
- If you are craving chocolate, add 2 tbsp of pure cacao (or cocoa) powder in the blender with the rest of the ingredients.
- If you are a fan of cinnamon, add 1/8 tsp of ground cinnamon with 1/2 tsp of pure vanilla extract. I often rotate the flavors.
Serving: 0.5cupCalories: 210kcalCarbohydrates: 40gProtein: 4gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gSodium: 197mgPotassium: 560mgFiber: 6gSugar: 16gVitamin A: 18450IUVitamin C: 3.3mgCalcium: 160mgIron: 1.3mg