Dragon Fruit Smoothie Bowl
This vegan, gluten-free, quick-to-make dragon fruit smoothie bowl offers a wealth of nutrients for a quick energy boost.
To make smoothie bowl
- 1 cup dragon fruit* (red variety, can also sub with white)
- 1/2 banana (medium)
- 1/2 cup Homemade almond milk (or any other type)
- 2 tbsp coconut milk (canned, or sub with 1 tbsp unsweetened dried coconut or fresh coconut cream)
- 2 dates**
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds (or sub with equal amount ground flex seeds)
- 1/2 tbsp pumpkin seeds (optional, can sub with melon or sunflower seeds)
- 1/4 cup grapes (optional)
- 1/4 cup kiwi (optional, about 1/2 medium kiwi)
- 1 tsp coconut milk
*You can use any variety of dragon fruit; however, the red variety offers greater visual appeal (sure counts in liking food) and slightly more intense flavor compared to the white variety.
**I used Deglet Nour variety; if using Medjool dates, one should be enough as they tend to be meatier and bigger.
NOTE: this recipe is high in mostly good fats. Add one types of seeds not both. If avoiding fat, checkout the low-fat variation below.
To make regular smoothie: increase almond milk quantity to 1 glass.
To make low-fat version: add homemade almond milk or use low-fat coconut milk.
Serving: 1glassCalories: 362kcalCarbohydrates: 48gProtein: 7gFat: 16gSaturated Fat: 7gSodium: 230mgPotassium: 619mgFiber: 6gSugar: 34gVitamin C: 47.4mgCalcium: 175mgIron: 3.9mg