This vegan, gluten-free, Indian cilantro-mint chutney offers digestive benefits and is a great companion to sandwiches, buddha bowls, and pretty much anything Indian.
- 1/2 cup cilantro (packed)
- 3 tbsp mint leaves (around 10-11 mint leaves)
- 1 tsp fresh ginger (roughly chopped)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp whole cumin (can sub with ground cumin)
- 1/2 cup mango* (ripe, cubed)
- 1 jalapeño pepper** ( sub with green chillies or Serrano pepper)
- 6 tbsp water
- 2 tsp maple syrup (can sub with 1 tsp of sugar)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (fresh)
Wash cilantro and mint leaves well under running water. Both herbs should be completely dirt- and grit-free. Wash ginger and jalapeño pepper as well.
Add all ingredients to a blender (or food processor) and blend on high till well mixed. Enjoy!
*In India this chutney is made with raw mango, which offers plenty of tartiness. If using raw mango, reduce or omit fresh lemon juice.
**you can dial up (or dial down) heat in this chutney by adding more (or less) jalapeño peppers.
Serving: 1tbspCalories: 7kcalCarbohydrates: 1gSodium: 46mgPotassium: 11mgSugar: 1gVitamin A: 100IUVitamin C: 3.1mgCalcium: 2mgIron: 0.1mg