Quick Avocado Toast
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
A healthy and filling plant-based snack prepared in 10 minutes. Also use it as a healthy side.
- 1 avocado (ripe but not overripe)
- 1/2 lemon (~1 tbsp lemon juice)
- 2 pinches freshly ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 pinch Homemade roasted ground cumin ( or sub with store-bought cumin powder, optional)
- 2 pinches salt (or to taste)
- 3 red radishes (thinly sliced)
- 4 slices sourdough bread (medium size slices, or any other)
- 1/2 cup arugula (optional)
Heat a seasoned iron skillet and toast the bread. Keep the heat over medium-low. It takes abut 3-4 minutes for the bread to get toasty on one side. Do keep checking for doneness. Turn once the one side is done. Alternatively, you can skip this step completely and toast the bread in toaster.
While the bread is getting toasted, peel and deseed the avocado. Add to a bowl and mash with a flat-bottom spoon or spatula. Add one pinch of salt, roasted ground cumin, 1 pinch black pepper, and about 3/4 tbsp lemon juice. Mix well.
Cut radishes into thin slices. Sprinkle with 1 pinch of salt, 1 pinch of black pepper, and remaining 1/4 tbsp lemon juice.
Spread the avocado mixture over the toasted bread, top with radish slices and a few arugula leaves (if using). Enjoy it immediately.
Calories: 271kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 527mg | Potassium: 353mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 3% | Vitamin C: 16% | Calcium: 4% | Iron: 15.2%