- 1 cup garbanzo beans (dried, can sub with 16 oz. can of garbanzo beans)
- 1 onion large, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground coriander seeds
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp flour (can be either all-purpose flour or garbanzo bean flour for gluten-free option)
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups fresh parsley finely chopped, can sub with fresh cilantro
- 2 cups avocado oil (or any other)
Place dried chickpeas in a bowl, covering with cold water. Allow to soak overnight. Omit this step if using canned beans.
Drain chickpeas and process in a food processor with enough water to make the batter soft and not crumbly. It should be a thick paste. Put aside in a bowl.
Next food process the garlic, onion, parsley until fine. Combine chickpeas, garlic, onion, coriander, cumin, salt and pepper in medium bowl. Add flour. Mix well. Form the mixture into small balls, about the size of a ping pong ball. Slightly flatten.
Fry in 2 inches of oil at 350 degrees until golden brown (5-7 minutes). Serve hot with pita bread and salad. Enjoy!
Protein: 3g | Sodium: 401mg | Potassium: 196mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 33.7% | Vitamin C: 33.7% | Calcium: 4.6% | Iron: 13%