Multipurpose Almond Whipped Cream
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
This vegan, nutty, multipurpose almond whipped cream adds extra deliciousness to your desserts, pancakes, and fruits.
- 1 cup almonds (whole, raw)
- 1 cup water filtered
- 2 dates (preferably Medjool variety)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (can sub with honey)*
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
Soak the almonds overnight in cold water. If short on time, soak in hot (not boiling) water for at least four hours.
Bring a small pot of water to boil. Add raw, soaked almonds to the boiling water and boil for 60-75 seconds. Drain the almonds in a colander and rinse with (room temperature) water.
Peel the almonds by gently squeezing between thumb, index, and middle fingers.
Add the blanched and peeled almonds to a blender with filtered water, dates, and maple syrup. If using flavors such as vanilla or ground cinnamon, add that as well. Whip the cream either with a whisk or a hand mixer on medium speed till the cream is throughly aerated and forms soft peaks (about 1 minute).
Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before using. Enjoy.
Make different variation by changing sweetener amount and adding flavors:
- please note that honey is not a vegan ingredient. If you are a pure vegan, add 2 more dates to replace maple syrup.
Make it low sugar:
- For cakes, pie and pancake topping add 1/2 tsp of pure vanilla extract with all the ingredients before blending.
- To use the cream in tea sandwiches, sweeten the cream with just 1 date and can add 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Add only 1 date+ 1tsp maple syrup to the recipe instead of 2 dates+2tbsp maple syrup
- To make it even lower sugar, add 1 date to the entire recipe
Serving: 2Tbsp | Calories: 69kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 84mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 0.4mg